Here’s how the Speech Creatures did at their latest meet, held at North Harford on October 24.
- Charlotte Molali took First Place in Poetry in her very first meet! Annalee Gabler took Second in her second meet, as well as a Second in Dramatic Interpretation.
- International student Lily Liu and Kelly Foulk tied for Second in a crowded Children’s Literature field.
- Kayla Bynion and a few good women (Kelly Foulk, Margaret McGuirk, and Megan Greig) placed Second in Reader's Theater, performing a piece from A Few Good Men.
- Megan Greig grabbed First Place in Original Oratory!
- Matt Burdeshaw and Jess Clingerman took Third in Team Debate.
Congratulations to ALL our competitors, including Seho Kim and Ben Tasel, for a great meet! Next up: Patterson Mill on November 14. We’d like to keep the momentum going, and we are always looking for new members for our team. Contact Mr. Schick at firstname.lastname@example.org , or come to our Thursday meetings at 3PM, if you would like to join the Speech Creatures!