The John Carroll School community mourns the loss of William “Bill” Gaudreau, architect, who passed away on July 6, 2015. Bill’s career spanned 52 years with Gaudreau, Inc., a firm founded in 1927 by his father, Lucien E.D. Gaudreau. He and his brother, Tom Gaudreau, brought their excitement for Vatican II and its new liturgical design to John Carroll in the early 1960’s. Bill designed St. Joseph Hall, a.k.a. the Convent, for the Sisters of Saint Joseph who taught at John Carroll. It was the first building to be completed on the John Carroll campus. Bill’s brother, Tom Gaudreau, designed the main school building. Bill is the uncle of Mike Gaudreau ’70, a long-time teacher in the John Carroll Fine Arts Department.