John Carroll’s STEM Academy was established for students who display a strong interest and aptitude for science and/or mathematics. Through collaborative efforts with area STEM organizations, the Academy provides each student with the opportunity to explore the many different science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields.
Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurial Exploration (FLEX), is giving students the business smarts to develop their own products and services and make an impact in the world. Starting with a required Financial Literacy class in their sophomore year, students learn things they may never otherwise learn about until or even after college.
A JOHN CARROLL GRADUATE
Upon completion of a rigorous education rooted in the principles and ideals of the Catholic Church and Archbishop John Carroll, the John Carroll graduate will:
Have a strong sense of self as demonstrated by:
- Having honorable priorities: faith, family, others
- Having spirituality/faith
- Being responsible
- Being articulate
- Being confident
- Being an independent thinker
Be well prepared to pursue his/her personal and professional aspirations by:
- Accepting challenges
- Embracing new experiences
- Seeking knowledge and skills, and applying them to serve the common good
Have a global perspective that is demonstrated through:
- Respecting diverse opinions and perspectives
- Appreciating cultural differences
- Communicating across cultures
Have a moral compass that is demonstrated through:
- Personal honesty and integrity
- Ability to make wise choices
- Commitment to social justice and advancing peace in the larger society
What will you do?