The Diploma for Dedicated Artists
Seeking to inspire and recognize students who have shown an outstanding ability and interest in the arts, The John Carroll School has created the Fine Arts Diploma with Distinction (FADD). This diploma celebrates the accomplishments of students who make a commitment to pursuing Fine Arts throughout their high school experience. Students selected for FADD are also evaluated for competitive scholarships based upon their submissions. The Fine Arts track is comprised of three entities, which may be intertwined to meet student needs. Students must select a primary area of interest from one of the following concentrations: Performing Arts, Visual Art and Design, or Literary Arts.
- Achieve a cumulative weighted GPA of 3.0 or above
- Achieve a final course grade of 80% or above in each fine arts course taken
- Complete a cumulative total of 3 credits in fine arts courses (in addition to Introduction to Drawing and Design for Visual and Literary Arts concentrations)
- Participate in one or more art-related co-curriculars (e.g., Clay Club; Architecture, Engineering and Design Club; Theatre Production; Music Ministry; Pacificus yearbook, Patriot newspaper)
- Complete and receive a passing grade on a Capstone Project and evaluation of the project during senior year
For application criteria and to apply, click the appropriate link below. Please note the application deadline for the 2023-24 school year is January 22, 2023.
Performing Arts Visual Art and Design Literary Arts
Mrs. Lisa Collins, Visual Art and Design
Fine Arts Department Chair
Mrs. Julie Parrish, Performing Arts
Director of Performing Arts
Mr. Matt Blair, Literary Arts
English Department Chair