Becoming a Patriot
While our world look a bit different these days, we invite you to start your Patriot journey today!
While the application deadline has passed, there are limited spots available for the classes of 2023-2025.
JC accepts students who are motivated to meet the rigor of college-prep work, eager to learn and succeed in an academic environment and whose personal qualities make them a good fit for our community. Candidates are evaluated on:
- Middle school performance including academics, conduct and attendance
- Standardized test scores
- Teacher recommendations
- Performance on the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
But that’s not all we consider. We know each student is more than a sum of grades and scores. We want students who can show that they’re willing to lead; who seek to collaborate when solving problems; who incorporate critical thinking; who see strength in diverse perspectives and most of all, who can maximize every opportunity to create their own Patriot story and make their mark on the world.
Steps to apply:
- Create Your Admissions Profile. Set up a John Carroll account to access the Admissions Portal if you do not have a sibling currently enrolled at JC.
- Take the High School Placement (HSPT) Test (incoming freshmen only; not required for transfer students). The HSPT was administered in December; however, we will offer this exam on limited dates in the spring to incoming freshmen, as it is an admissions requirement. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding the HSPT. *For the class of 2025 only.
- Fill Out the Family Information Form in the Admissions Portal. We want to get to know about your family as part of the application process!
- Submit the Online Application. Complete your application, including any additional applications for special programs, and pay the $50 application fee.
- Request Your Records. Download John Carroll’s Request for Records form if matriculating from a school not affiliated with the Archdiocese of Baltimore; if you attend an AoB Catholic School, indicate John Carroll as a choice to your current school guidance counselor.
- Submit Your Financial Aid Application, if desired. Best consideration is given to those who complete before the December 18, 2020 deadline. For additional information on tuition and resources, visit our website.
Please note that students who are also applying for acceptance to special academic programs may need to complete additional recommendations. Space in those programs is limited, and best consideration is given to those who complete the application prior to the December 18, 2020 deadline.
The John Carroll School admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.