Becoming a Patriot
Class of 2025, you’re just 10 steps away from starting your Patriot story!
JC accepts students who are motivated to meet the rigor of college-prep work, eager to learn and succeed in an academic environment and whose personal qualities make them a good fit for our community. High school candidates are evaluated on:
- Middle school performance including academics, conduct and attendance
- Standardized test scores
- Teacher recommendations
- Performance on the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
But that’s not all we consider. We know each student is more than a sum of grades and scores. That’s why we interview each applicant and their family – to look for what’s not on your transcript. We want students who can show that they’re willing to lead; who seek to collaborate when solving problems; who incorporate critical thinking; who see strength in diverse perspectives and most of all, who can maximize every opportunity to create their own Patriot story and make their mark on the world.
While our world looks a bit different these days, we invite you to start your Patriot journey today!
- Create Your Admissions Profile. Set up a John Carroll account to access the Admissions Portal if you do not have a sibling currently enrolled at JC.
- Sign Up for a Shadow Day This Fall. While we are unable to schedule Shadow Days this spring, you can take a virtual tour of our beautiful campus or find other ways to "virtually" visit! We will provide updated information on shadow days later this summer.
- Take the High School Placement (HSPT) Test (incoming freshmen only; not required for transfer students). The test date at John Carroll is December 5, 2020 although applicants may test at any location. Registration for the HSPT opens in September.
- Fill Out the Family Information Form in the Admissions Portal. We want to get to know about your family as part of the application process!
- Submit the Online Application. Complete your application, including any additional applications for special programs, and pay the $50 application fee by December 18, 2020, for best consideration for merit scholarships.
- Request Your Records. Download John Carroll’s Request for Records form if matriculating from a school not affiliated with the Archdiocese of Baltimore; if you attend an AoB Catholic School, indicate John Carroll as a choice to your current school guidance counselor. Be sure all records arrive by the December 18 application deadline.
- Submit Your Financial Aid Application, if desired, by January 8, 2021. For additional information on tuition and resources, visit our website.
- Schedule an Interview. Schedule your parent and student personal meeting/interview with our Admissions department; you will receive an email with instructions on how to sign upafter your application is submitted. This on-campus, personal meeting will take place in January and is a chance for the Admissions team to spend time learning more about the applicant and their family and answer any additional questions about our school.
- Check Your Email and Mailbox! On February 18 at 4:00 p.m., look for your decision email with next steps, then check your snail mail for JC’s black and gold acceptance envelope which will mail on February 17.
- Complete Your Enrollment Contract. Upon acceptance, complete the contract provided to admitted students no later than March 5, 2021.
Please note that students who are also applying for acceptance to special academic programs may need to complete additional recommendations.
The John Carroll School admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.