John Carroll accepts students who are motivated to meet the rigor of college-prep work, eager to learn and succeed in an academic environment and whose personal qualities make them a good fit for our community. Candidates are evaluated on:
- Middle school performance including academics, conduct and attendance
- Standardized test scores
- Teacher recommendations
- Performance on the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
But that’s not all we consider. We know each student is more than a sum of grades and scores. We want students who can show that they’re willing to lead; who seek to collaborate when solving problems; who incorporate critical thinking; who see strength in diverse perspectives and most of all, who can maximize every opportunity to create their own Patriot story and make their mark on the world.
Steps to Apply:
- Create Your Admissions Profile. Set up a John Carroll account to access the Admissions Portal if you do not have a sibling currently enrolled at JC. You must create an Admissions Profile to schedule a Shadow Day.
- Visit us as you become a Patriot for the Day! Space is limited so sign up early! Be sure to fill out your interests so that we can best pair you with a current student. If you wish to be paired with a specific student, please email email@example.com no later than 48 hours prior to your visit.
- Take the High School Placement (HSPT) Test.
- Submit the Online Application. Complete your application, including any additional applications for special programs, and pay the $50 application fee by December 15, 2023.
- Request Your Records. Download John Carroll’s Request for Records form if matriculating from a school not affiliated with the Archdiocese of Baltimore; if you attend an AoB Catholic School, indicate John Carroll as a choice to your current school guidance counselor.
- Submit Your Financial Aid Application, if desired. Application opens October 1. Best consideration is given to those who complete before the December 15, 2023 deadline. For additional information on tuition and resources, visit our website.
- Keep an Eye on Your Inbox and Mailbox. All packets are mailed on February 14, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. and you will receive an email on February 15, 2024 at 4:00 p.m. with our decision.
*Please note that students who are also applying for acceptance to special academic programs may need to complete additional recommendations. Space in those programs is limited, and best consideration is given to those who complete the application prior to the December 15, 2023 deadline.
The John Carroll School admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.