REV. CHARLES K. RIEPE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
REV. CHARLES K. RIEPE SCHOLAR-ATHLETE ENDOWMENT FUND
The Rev. Charles K. Riepe Scholar Athlete Endowment Fund is named for the first President, second Principal, former Trustee and Chaplain of the John Carroll School. It was initially endowed with a gift to the School in December of 2006. The purpose for the Fund is to make one or more need-based grants each year, supplemental to the regular tuition assistance grants made by the School, to a deserving scholar-athlete:
- The online FACTS Financial Aid Application shall be completed for each candidate – one application per family.
- The Financial Aid Application shall demonstrate that the candidate has some financial need. All candidates shall be evaluated by the School’s Tuition Assistance Committee prior to evaluation by the grant committee.
- The candidate shall submit a brief essay, written by the student, as to why he or she is deserving of the need based assistance offered by the Fund.
- The grant committee shall consider the candidate's past academic performance, past athletic performance, demonstrated leadership initiative in any area, and the candidate's interest, potential and ability to become a leader in any area at the School.
- The Committee does not take the candidate's religious affiliation into consideration; however, the candidate must be open to the culture and atmosphere of a Catholic School.
- The recipients are entitled to receive the need-based grant for up to four academic years, provided that they continue to submit financial information annually and continue to show need for assistance, and as long as they are students in good standing at the School and maintain academic performance levels acceptable to the Committee.
INITIAL APPLICATION PROCESS
- Fill out and submit the online FACTS Financial Aid Application no later than December 21, 2018.
- Submit an essay completed by the candidate on the topic: "Why do you want to be a scholar-athlete at the John Carroll School?" Include your participation in athletics and describe your leadership qualities. Typed, double-spaced, and not more than 250 words.
- Fill out the application form below and submit with your essay by December 21, 2018.
- If you are approved to receive an award, the information will be included in your admissions acceptance packet which will be mailed on February 20, 2019.
For more information please contact Edward Maynard, Director of Admissions, at 410-838-8333 x2062 or firstname.lastname@example.org.