The John Carroll School is currently seeking a qualified Varsity Girls Basketball Coach for the 2019/2020 school year.
- Supervise all aspects of the program including the JV team.
- Complete pre-season planning well in advance of the starting date and communicate with assistant coaches and JV coach their responsibilities.
- Build a relationship with each student-athlete on the team, regardless of role.
- Motivate students to improve individually and contribute to team improvement.
- Run well-organized practices using sound teaching progressions.
- Communicate with parents and the community to promote this sport and The John Carroll School.
- Monitor student-athletes’ academic performance using Veracross.
- Promote safety within all aspects of the program.
- Follow all IAAM rules and regulations.
- Work with the Admissions Office to attract and secure prospective student-athletes who are interested in attending The John Carroll School.
- Provide coaching and instruction that upholds the values and ideals of the Catholic Church and is in alignment with the mission of The John Carroll School.
- Work with the athletic director and finance office to keep a balanced budget.
- Supervise the distribution, maintenance, and use of school-issued uniforms and equipment.
- Be committed to self-improvement and professional development.
- Attend pre-season and post-season meetings.
- Hold a pre-season parent meeting to communicate team philosophy, rules, expectations, and schedule.
- Hold a post-season meeting or banquet.
- Instill and promote the positive culture and foundational values of the athletic department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated success in coaching at the high school level is required; experience playing at a high level also preferred.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the skills involved with this sport.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to relate and work with diverse groups.
To Apply for This Position:
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to, Director of Athletics, Seth Goldberg at sgoldberg@JohnCarroll.org.