The Mission of the John Carroll School
At The John Carroll School, guided by the spirit of America’s first Catholic archbishop and early patriot, we cultivate in each student a love of learning, a respect for self, and sensitivity to others. Instilling Catholic values through a challenging college preparatory program, we educate the whole person: spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially. Our secondary school community develops young men and women of moral integrity, and prepares them to serve responsibly in shaping a more just and compassionate global society.
Job Title Senior Accountant
Office Business Office
Reports to: Director of Finance
Description: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, tuition management, general ledger accountability, and financial reporting, account reconciliations, budget management assistance, annual audit preparation and other special projects as assigned. This is a full time, exempt, year-round staff position.
* Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
* Strong understanding of accounting theory
* 8+ years in accounting/finance
* Experience in education preferred, not required
Please send your resume, salary requirements and references to Kathleen Cullen, Director of Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The John Carroll School, a private, Catholic high school in Bel Air, MD, is looking for a Dormitory Supervisor to supervise and monitor a maximum of 16 male international students beginning in January 2, 2015. This is a residential position that includes maintaining safety and order in the house, helping international students to adjust to and manage life in the dorm, encouraging academic progress and personal growth, and promoting a family atmosphere. Applicants must have an accurate understanding of the typical developmental characteristics of this age group, a genuine interest in other cultures and appreciation of cultural differences, excellent decision-making skills, a valid driver’s license, and current first aid and CPR certification. We are accepting applications from single adult males. The position does include some responsibilities during the day in the school. Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to Madelyn Ball, Principal, at /Users/mball/Documents/International%20Students/Conventemail@example.com" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org by November 28, 2014.
Director of Athletics
The John Carroll School, an independent, college-preparatory, co-educational Catholic school for grades 9–12, established in 1964 and located on 75 acres in Bel Air, Maryland, is currently seeking a full-time Director of Athletics.
Reporting directly to the President, and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Director of Athletics provides strategic as well as administrative direction and oversight for all athletics staff, programs, facilities, and activities. The director is responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal and divisional athletics regulations; administering departmental funds and accounts in a fiscally responsible manner; and sustaining a culture of sportsmanship, professionalism, and respect at all levels. The director collaborates with the Office of Enrollment Management on the recruitment and retention of student athletes; the Office of Marketing and Communications on publicity and reporting of athletic events and results; the Office of Institutional Advancement to facilitate philanthropy; and the Office of Finance to facilitate budget preparation and oversight. Frequent evening and weekend work is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative direction and oversight for all athletic programs and activities, and supervise the control, issuance, and maintenance of recreational athletic equipment and facilities, including the weight and cardio training rooms;
- Supervise full- and part-time athletics staff, including shared responsibility for hiring, disciplining, or firing decisions, and full responsibility for training, mentoring, and evaluating coaches and athletics staff, including surveys after each season;
- Plan, implement, and promote athletic programs including scheduling games for sports, ensuring a robust PE program;
- Establish and maintain standards of dress, scholarship, and conduct for student athletes and coaches;
- Monitor strict observances of equality of opportunity in men’s and women’s athletics by keeping informed of legal requirements and consulting with staff regarding compliance with the law, and to initiate and coordinate the certification of academic and health eligibility of all athletes;
- Collaborate with the Office of Marketing and Communications in the preparation of press releases and the arrangement of media coverage for athletic events, and ensure that the appropriate media are informed of the results of all athletic events;
- Collaborate with the CFO in creation and management of departmental, team, and special events budgets; order equipment; and ensure departmental compliance with all JC cash handling and management policies;
- Collect and analyze departmental statistics and data, and prepare and distribute reports as appropriate;
- Assume a leadership role in the recruitment and enrollment of qualified student-athletes in collaboration with the Office of Enrollment;
- Provide visible support to the work of the Office of Institutional Advancement, in strengthening relationships with alumni and other John Carroll constituents, and supporting “friend-raising” and fundraising events;
- Communicate clearly with parents/guardians and all constituents regarding requisite standards of conduct and good sportsmanship;
- Support and assist in school wellness and other related school activities;
- Represent the School at professional meetings and other special or public events.
Professional and Personal Skills
- Collaborative professional approach: the ability to develop action plans inclusively using data-driven information to achieve effective consensus-driven strategies and tactics;
- Accountable approach to initiatives: can make recommendations with measurement strategies and contingency plans based on performance;
- Strategic thinking and sense of urgency: seeks out opportunities with key staff members to anticipate needs and prepare recommendations;
- A commitment to the mission: doing what should be done regardless of office hours or job description;
- Effective leadership: understanding how to empower staff and make the most of their efforts
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills: interact effectively with all diverse constituent bodies of the School as an ambassador;
- Budget responsibility: takes control of available designated assets and is accountable.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience in a departmental leadership role
- Five or more years of experience in administration and coaching
- Experience using diverse media and communication tactics to effectively execute a strategic management plan for the brand
- Experience in managing operating budgets
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
At The John Carroll School, guided by the spirit of America's first Catholic Archbishop and early patriot, we cultivate in each student a love of learning, a respect for self and sensitivity to others. Instilling Catholic values through a challenging college preparatory program, we educate the whole person: spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially. Our secondary school community develops young men and women of moral integrity and prepares them to serve responsibly in shaping a more just and compassionate global society.